London terrorist suspects released without charge
Monday, June 12, 2006
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|
Two brothers who were arrested in London last week on suspicion of being involved in terrorist activities were released without any charges by the UK police on Friday.
Twenty year old Abul Koyair and twenty three year old Mohammed Abdul Kahar were arrested during a police raid on June 2 at a house at Lansdown Road, Forest Gate, during which Mohammed Kahar was shot in the shoulder. They were detained under the Terrorism Act 2000 on suspicion of being involved in terrorist activities. Both the men denied any such involvement.
Police sources had earlier said that they had information that a chemical device might be found there, the Assistant Commissioner Andy Hayman had earlier said the police had received "specific intelligence" regarding the location. Police found no such device.
The Police Complaints Commission is investigating the circumstances of the shooting of Mohammed Kahar.
- "Questions over London terror raid" — , June 10, 2006
- "House raid police had 'no choice'" — , June 6, 2006
- Jon Land. "Brutal police slammed after terror raid brothers released without charge" — , June 10, 2006