Last three Bali Nine smugglers jailed for life
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
The remaining three members of the Bali Nine have been sentenced to life in prison by a Denpasar court. Matthew Norman, 19, Si Yi Chen, 20, and Tan Duc Thanh Nguyen, aged 27 were found guilty of exporting narcotics. The court found that the heroin they had been caught with was the same as that found strapped to the bodies of the four others arrested at Denpasar airport.
The Australian Federal Police have been criticised for allowing the Bali Nine to travel to Indonesia, where it was known they could face the death penalty. All nine have now been found guilty and sentenced, with seven receiving life in prison, and the two ringleaders being sentenced to death yesterday.
- Renae Lawrence - Life in prison
- Scott Rush - Life in prison
- Michael Czugaj - Life in prison
- Martin Stephens - Life in prison
- Matthew Norman - Life in prison
- Si Yi Chen - Life in prison
- Tan Duc Thanh Nguyen - Life in prison
- Andrew Chan - Death
- Myuran Sukumaran - Death
All verdicts are consistent with the recommendations of the Indonesian prosecutors, except for Renae Lawrence. In her case prosecutors requested 20 years imprisonment.
- "Bali nine trio jailed for life" — , February 15, 2006
- Final three jailed for life" — , February 15, 2006. "