Kimi Räikkönen wins 2007 Chinese Grand Prix
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Ferrari driver Kimi Räikkönen won the FIA Formula-1 2007 Sinopec Chinese Grand Prix on the Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai, China. This became the 200th GP win for Scuderia Ferrari and 600th podium for this Formula One team.
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton gained pole in the qualification and was in the steady lead, but the tyre strategy gamble caused by a faulty rain predictions caused Lewis to lose control of his car on a pit lane entry carrying it to a gravel trap. This mistake became an unexpected opportunity for his rivals Kimi Räikkönen and Fernando Alonso in the Drivers' Championship. Alonso is four points behind and Räikkönen is seven points behind Hamilton.
While Alonso and Ferrari driver Felipe Massa were battling side by side right after the start of the race, Hamilton chased by the Finn managed to make a comfort gap to them. After Alonso finally passed Massa and strengthen his position he get into pursuit for Räikkönen's red car. Alonso was about ten seconds behind Räikkönen up on the finish line.
- FIA Formula-1 2007 Sinopec Chinese Grand Prix, live TV broadcast, 07.10.07 14:00 UTC
- "Raikkonen wins in China to take title down to the wire" — , October 7, 2007
- Andrew Benson. "Hamilton error keeps title alive" — , October 7, 2007
- "Hamilton still favourite - Alonso" — , October 7, 2007
- "Raikkonen wins in China, championship still up for grabs" — , October 7, 2007