Iranian government official Mohammad Mir-Mohammadi dies of COVID-19
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Mir-Mohammadi served as one of the advisors of the Ali Khamenei in that capacity since 2017. Mir-Mohammadi had previously represented Iran's in the .. He had served Iran's Supreme Leader
A few days back, Mir-Mohammadi's mother died after contracting COVID-19,reported. She was sister of . Multiple Iranian government officials including deputy health minister Iraj Harirchi and vice president of women and family affairs had also contracted COVID-19.
Offering his condolence, speaker of the parliament ((fa))Persian language: سالهای حیات با بركت این شخصیت مردمی، متعهد و ملتزم به تقوای سیاسی، یكسره در خدمت به نظام اسلامی گذشت و از دوران جوانی تا آخرین سالها، مجاهدت مخلصانهاش در این راه كاستی نگرفت.[...] خدمات صادقانه ای نظیر نمایندگی مردم شریف قم، ریاست دفتر رییس جمهور و عضویت در مجمع تشخیص مصلحت نظام را ارائه كرد.wrote on : "The years of his life, thanks to this popular personality, committed to political virtue, have always served the Islamic system, and from his youth until his final years, his sincere desire to do so did not diminish. [...] he offered honest services such as representing the honorable people of Qom, chairing the President's office and joining the Expediency Council."
Ali Reza Raisi, speaking for the country's Health Ministry, reported yesterday, "The definite latest numbers we have are 523 new infections and 12 new deaths so the total number of those infected until now is 1501 and the number of deaths is 66". According to Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering late today, 291 patients have recovered from the virus in Iran.
- "Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE" — , March 3, 2020 (date of access)
- Ali Larijani. "Ali Larijani on Instagram" — , March 2, 2020
- "Expediency Council member Mohammad Mirmohammadi dies" — , March 2, 2020
- "Iranian top official dies of coronavirus" — , March 2, 2020
- Nasser Karimi and Jon Gambrell. "Virus ravaging Iran kills confidant of its supreme leader" — , March 2, 2020
- Bill Bostock. "A member of the inner circle of Iran's Supreme Leader died of the coronavirus, as the country records more deaths than anywhere outside China" — , March 2, 2020