India: Madhya Pradesh police arrests second accused of gang-raping minor girl in Mandsaur district
Sunday, July 1, 2018
According to police inspector Jitendra Singh Yadav of Mandsaur Kotwali police, they arrested 24-year-old construction worker Asif on Friday. Another accused, 20-year-old Irfan, was arrested on Wednesday, one day after both of them allegedly kidnapped the girl after school, raped her, and slit her throat. According to the police statement, one of the accused was seen with the girl in CCTV footage. Police inspector Yadav said, "We questioned Irfan and he confessed about Asif's involvement".
Madhya Pradesh's Chief Ministersaid, "The accused has already been arrested and there is evidence against him. We will ensure though fast-track courts that he will get capital punishment at the earliest". Calling those rapists "a burden on the society", Chouhan said, "We want that people who did such heinous crime should be hanged to death. Human rights are for humans, not for the devils."
Last year, Madhya Pradesh assembly passed a bill approving capital punishment for those convicted for raping girls below the age of twelve. Indian Ministers of the also approved an ordinance in April approving fast-track courts for rapes of minors and death penalty for those convicted for raping girls under the age of twelve.
The girl was taken to a hospital inand after performing two operations, the doctors said on Friday that she was stable.
Asif and Irfan are booked under thefor kidnapping and raping the minor.
- "Rahul Gandhi: 'Brutal rape of 8-year-old in Mandsaur is sickening, must protect our children'" — , June 30, 2018
- "Madhya Pradesh: 8-year-old fights for life after gangrape, protests spread across Mandsaur" — , June 30, 2018
- Rohit Soni. "Second accused arrested for rape of 8-year-old in Mandsaur" — , June 30, 2018
- Second arrest in Mandsaur child rape case" — , June 30, 2018. "
- "India child rape: Huge protests in Madhya Pradesh" — , June 29, 2018
- Death penalty for rape of girls aged 12 and below: MP Assembly passes Bill" — , December 4, 2018. "