Hindi poet and songwriter Gopal Das Neeraj dies, aged 93
Friday, July 20, 2018
According to reports, Gopal Das had a head injury at his home inand was taken to for treatment. The chief of AIIMS trauma centre of New Delhi, Dr Rajesh Malhotra, said, "He was shifted to the trauma centre here [the night before he died] in a critical condition. He had suffered from kidney failure, had infection all over his body and head injury".
Born in the Uttar Pradesh on January 4, 1925, Gopal Das was a resident of Agra and taught Hindi literature at the Dharma Samaj College in Aligarh. Gopal Das had received some of the highest Indian civilian honourary awards, receiving in 1991 and in 2007.of
Gopal Das also wrote songs for ((hi))Hindi language: काल का पहिया, Bas Yehi Apradh Main Har Baar ((hi))Hindi language: बस यही अपराध मैं हर बार and Ae Bhai Jara Dekh Ke Chalo ((hi))Hindi language: ए भाई! ज़रा देख के चलो. He also wrote the songs Likhe Jo Khat Tujhe ((hi))Hindi language: लिखे जो खत तुझे, Dil Ne Phir Yaad Kiya ((hi))Hindi language: दिल ने फिर याद किया and Dil Aaj Shayar Hai ((hi))Hindi language: दिल आज शायर है.movies and won the Best Lyrics award on three occasions for his songs Kaal Ka Pahiya
Gopal Das's body was reportedly to be taken to Aligarh today.
- "Doyen of Hindi poetry Gopal Das Neeraj passes away" — , July 19, 2018
- Doyen of Hindi poetry Gopal Das Neeraj dies at 93" — , July 19, 2018 . "
- "Famous Hindi poet Gopal Das Neeraj passes away" — , July 19, 2018
- "Celebrated Hindi poet Gopaldas Neeraj passes away at 93" — , July 19, 2018
- "Noted poet-lyricist Gopaldas Neeraj dead" — , July 19, 2018