Greg Chappell under fire for his remarks on Indian MPs
Monday, November 27, 2006
Chappell fuelled the controversy by making controversial statements and said that he was not surprised by the sharp criticism from the MPs over the team's poor performance in one-day international matches. He added that they were doing the "job they were paid for".
Seven Members of Parliament attacked him for his controversial statements. One of them even threatened a privilege motion against the coach.
Minister for Women and Child Development Renuka Choudhary said, "If Members of Parliament are willing, a privilege motion can be moved against Chappell,".
On Sunday, after 106-run defeat in Capetown, Chappell said that the key players are not playing well enough and that many players are out of form.
- "Greg Chappell gets hit Left, Right and Centre" — , November 27, 2006
- PTI. "MPs fume over Guru Chappell's comments" — , November 27, 2006
- Nikhil Naz. "Chappell under fire for remarks on MPs" — , November 27, 2006
- "Now, a privilege motion against Chappell in Parliament?" — , November 27, 2006
- Ashish Shukla (PTI). "Key players are not pulling their weight together: Chappell" — , November 26, 2006