Four explosions at Spanish power station
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Shortly before the blasts, warning calls were made to Basque newspaper Gara and the Basque emergency road service known as DYA, police rushed to the scene and evacuated workers. The calls were made by the Basque separatist group ETA.
There are no confirmations of injuries or structual damage from the blasts at the moment. Spanish radio however reports that there were no injuries and some minor structual damage. Witnesses to the explosions say they were small.
Warning calls before blasts are common by ETA, usually Gara will get the call.
The plant is run by ESB International.
- Al Goodman. "Explosions at Spanish power plant" — , July 12, 2005
- "Blasts rock Spain power station" — , July 12, 2005
- Times Online and Agencies in Madrid. "Bomb attacks in Spain after Eta warning" — , July 12, 2005
- "Four blasts at power station in Basque region" — , July 12, 2005
- "Blasts near ESB Spanish power plant" — , July 12, 2005
| The text of this article has been released into the public domain. In the event that this is not legally possible, this article may be used for any purpose, without any condition, unless such conditions are required by law. This applies worldwide. Copyright terms on images, however, may vary, so please check individual image pages prior to duplication.
Please note that this only applies to Wikinews content created prior to September 25, 2005. All content created after that date is released under a Creative Commons license which is mentioned at the bottom of each article. This is currently the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.