English FA Cup news: February 16, 2008
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Four games were played in the fifth round of the FA cup on February 16 , 2008. Information on each match can be found below. Bristol Rovers, Chelsea, Barnsley and Manchester United have qualified for the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup.
The match started at 12:30 (UTC) and no goals were scored in the first half although there were shots taken by both side. Bristol Rovers scored in the 84th minute from a free kick. The match was calm, with no aggression between the fans, although chants like "you're not singing any more," were sang by both sides at various points in the game. Both the South Stand and the Visitors Terrace contained Southampton supporters, with the other stands containing Rovers supporters.
At 32 minutes into the match the first goal was for Liverpool. The goal was scored by Kuyt and it was set up by Babel. Barnsley scored a goal at both 57 and 90 minutes into the game with them being scored by Foster and Howard respectively.
- Goal scored by Kuyt in 32nd minute (Liverpool)
- Goal scored by Foster in 57th minute (Barnsley)
- Goal scored by Howard in 90th minute (Barnsley)
The first goal was scored 18 minutes into the game with the goal going to Chelsea. Two minutes later another shot was taken although it was saved by the Huddersfield goalkeeper. Huddersfield equalized in the injury time of the first half, making the score at half time 1-1.
- Goal scored by Lampard in 17th minute (Chelsea)
- Goal scored by Foster in 59th minute (Chelsea)
- Goal scored by Kalou in 69th minute (Chelsea)
- Goal scored by Collins in 45th minute (Huddersfield)
The match kicked off at 17:15 (UTC) and the first goal was scored at only 14 minutes into the match. The second goal was scored five minutes later by Darren Fletcher with a shot from the penalty area. The third goal for Manchester United was scored by Nani at 39 minutes into the game. At this point many reporters on the match said that Arsenal were unlikely to win. The fourth goal was scored in the 74th minute of the match. During the 89th minute a shot was saved by Lehmann, the Arsenal goalkeeper.
- Goal scored by Rooney in 16th minute (Manchester United)
- Goal scored by Fletcher in 20th minute (Manchester United)
- Goal scored by Nani in 38th minute (Manchester United)
- Goal scored by Fletcher in 74th minute (Manchester United)
- Fedianand got given a Yellow card (Manchester United)
- Rooney got given a Yellow card (Manchester United)
- Flether got given a Yellow card (Manchester United)
- Eduardo got given a Yellow card (Arsenal)
- Silva got given a Yellow card (Arsenal)
- Adebayor got given a Yellow card (Arsenal)
- Eboue got given a Red card in the 49th minute (Arsenal)