Djokovic wins French Open, completes his career Grand Slam
Tuesday, June 7, 2016
Novak Djokovic defeated Andy Murray in the 2016 final on Sunday to complete his . It was the second time this year Murray has lost to Djokovic in a Grand Slam final. Murray dominated the first set, winning 6–3. He scored 5 in total in the match. Djokovic fought back in the second set, winning it 6–1 covering 700 . In the match, Murray had 39 s as compared to Djokovic's 37.player
Djokovic won the third set 6–2, as Murray won just three out of eleven points on his second serve. Djokovic took the fourth set 6–4 to win the match. He has now won the last four major tournaments, beginning withlast year.
After the match, Djokovic called it "a thrilling moment. One of the most beautiful I have had in my career."
In his last 14 meetings against Murray, Djokovic has won 12 times, and with this Grand Slam title he joins only seven other men in history with a career Grand Slam.
- "Djokovic beats Murray for fourth time, wins Aus Open 2016" — Wikinews, January 31 ,2016
- "Djokovic defeats Federer to win 2015 Wimbledon Championship men's singles" — Wikinews, July 15, 2015
- "Match statistics" — , June 5, 2016
- Stuart Fraser. "Djokovic captures first Roland-Garros title" — , June 5, 2016
- "Novak Djokovic beats Andy Murray to claim first French Open title" — , June 5, 2016