Debut from Booker-winner, final Canadian appearance of Stan Lee among announced Fan Expo Canada programming
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
Toronto, Ontario's 2016 , scheduled for September 1–4, includes farewells to some icons, and the debut of a new work by a Canadian icon. The first batch of programming was announced in a media release late last week.
Saturday, September 3, acclaimed Canadian authoris to launch her graphic novel Angel Catbird, with illustrator Johnnie Christmas. The panel includes a question and answer session and an opportunity to purchase the book before its general release date. Other recent firsts from the 76-year-old -winning Atwood include a chamber opera that debuted in 2014, participating in the Fiction Festival in 2015, and being the first writer included in the , her Scribbler Moon not to be read until 2114.
Spider-Man, , and creator is to make his final Canadian convention appearance at Fan Expo. Also bidding adieu to the convention circuit are and , from the original television series, celebrating its 50th anniversary this year., now 93, is in the midst of what he claims to be his final convention tour. As first announced in February, the
The remainder of the announced schedule includes various programs for the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, including appearances by actors , , and , the four day long Geekfest Film Festival, and a live script reading of by voice acting legends , , , and . Panels include The Dark Knight III team, including a rare appearance by , the cast of , and an exclusive panel of and .
The 750,000 square foot event projects "over 140,000" attendees this year to Toronto's.
- "Fan Expo Canada's programming boldly goes where no fan has gone before" — , July 28, 2016
- Mark Hamill, William Shatner, Stan Lee among stars attending Fan Expo Canada" — , June 30, 2016. "
- Sarah Goncalves. "Mark Hamill Making First Canadian Appearance at Toronto Fan Expo" — , June 30, 2016
- Alison Flood. "Into the woods: Margaret Atwood reveals her Future Library book, Scribbler Moon" — , May 27, 2015
- Andrew Fitzgerald. "Kicking off the 2015 #TwitterFiction Festival" — , May 11, 2015
- "Margaret Atwood's opera debut Pauline opens in Vancouver" — , May 23, 2014