Creationist who threatened biologists threatened others at university
Saturday, July 14, 2007
The Young Earth Creationist who sent threatening emails and letters to
biologists at the University of Colorado at Boulder also sent threatening letters to the University chancellor G.P. Peterson as well as the vice-chancellor of undergraduate education and others.
The man who had sent the threats has been identified as Menachem "Michael" Korn, a former Orthodox Jew who converted to Messianic Judaism (no longer affiliated with either) and who now self-identifies as "Christian". Claimed excerpts of the threats were posted on The Panda's Thumb, a biology blog that focuses on "the claims of the anti-evolution movement."
Among other statements, Korn compared evolutionary biologists to child molesters and discussed killing the "enemies of Christian society" who are "terrorists against America". A spokesperson for Colorado University said that the excerpts were "consistent" with the threats but refused to confirm if they were actual excerpts. Korn had apparently distributed fliers on campus before and harassed professors but over the last few days the threats had become more extreme.
- "Evolutionary biology labs at University of Colorado threatened" — Wikinews, July 11, 2007
- John Ingold. "E-mail threats cast "wide net" at CU-Boulder" — , July 13, 2007
- Steve Reuland Creato-Terrorism Update The Panda's Thumb, July 13, 2007
- Menachem "Michael" Korn JesusOverIsrael JesusOverIsrael, July 13, 2007
- Paula Pant. "CU biologists get death threats" — , July 12, 2007
- John Ingold. "E-mail threats cast "wide net" at CU-Boulder" — , July 10, 2007
- Steve Reuland Creato-Terrorism The Panda's Thumb, July 10, 2007