Comments:Human rights group alleges U.S. prison ships
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
Terrorists having their rights destroy by the evil American Government. I almost want to cry, thank Allah for this civil rights groups defending people that don't even believe in human rights but let alone the fact they target mosques and use hospitals as base of operations. Allah bless them and frack the innocent civilians that get blasted away by their freedom fights in martyring them selfs in the marker places targeting the evil Crusaders who are not even in the same area. --188.8.131.52 01:13, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
PS. Because you don't agree with my opinion Mr/Miss.184.108.40.206 Dos not give you right too erase my edit and call it Vandalism.--220.127.116.11 01:54, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
- You know, it is because of people like you that America's image at home and abroad is tarnsihed. By giving our government the right to commit an act such as holding people without due process, denying legal counsel, and just about everything in the patriot act, we are setting a precedent around the world that says, "We are America and do as I say, not as I do." No wonder the whole world is turning to the dogs. We have the country that was the forerunner in civil rights and liberties denying people these same rights that we have fought so many wars over and hold near and dear to our hearts. Congrats 18.104.22.168, you sound just like the stereotypical American citizen that the whole world hates. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 23:12, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- I have to agree with you there, 157. In the first place, the terrorists have enough reasons of their own to hate the West without us giving them more ammunition (not to mention more of a chance that other countries will start listening to them more). And secondly, note the phrase "alleged terror suspects". These are not people known for sure to be terrorists, it's people believed to be connected to terror plots. Even if I were an advocate of removing all human rights from terrorists, I'd want to make sure they were a terrorist before I did anything to them. Chris Mann (Say hi!|Stalk me!) 00:29, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
I was stationed on the USS Bataan, for four years(04-07)...I am still in communication with people current on the Bataan. There are no prisoner of war on board this ship. I am a MA meaning a military police officer, so i would have been involved, if they had been their involved.