Chilean actor Oscar Garcés accused of sexual abuse
Friday, April 23, 2010
Garcés, who was the boyfriend of Francini Amaral, was traveling with Cristián Vidal and Francisco Schilling to Calama. A few hours before the incident, he had attended an event in the "Sala Murano" disco.
Prosecutor Pablo Medina reports that Garcés went at 5:00 AM to the Sonesta Hotel, and called the reception desk to request room service. Soon after, he was involved in a fight with a female hotel worker. The victim accused Garcés of forcibly attempting to kiss her and trying to molest her. Medina later said: "The detained was accused of sexual abuse against a woman."
After the incident, the woman called Carabineros and later verified her lesions at the Carlos Cisternas Hospital. Police subsequently informed Medina, who ordered that Garcés be arrested. Medina reported the investigation will take about 80 days. Garcés is currently free with some restrictions.
"The accused cannot come within a 200-meter radius from the victim", Medina said. He also explained that Garcés could be imprisoned from three to seven years.
After being set free, Garcés came back to Santiago, saying: "I'm very sad. I don't want to say anything until I can talk with my lawyer," La Cuarta reported.
- Alberto Brieba. "Francini dio PLR a Óscar Garcés" — , April 22, 2010 ()
- "Formalizan a Oscar Garcés por abuso sexual" — , April 21, 2010 ()
- "Óscar Garcés niega acusación" — , April 20, 2010 ()
- Francisco Bonifaz and Pedro Marín. "Acusan a Óscar Garcés de abuso sexual" — , April 18, 2010 ()
- "Formalizan por abuso sexual a Óscar Garcés, ex integrante de "Pelotón"" — , April 17, 2010 ()
- "Oscar Garcés es formalizado por acusación de" — , April 17, 2010 ()