This is the category for astronomy.
to see the latest articles.
From Wikinews, the free news source you can write.
File photo of the
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Astronomy"
The following 85 pages are in this category, out of 85 total.
- Alan Turing Building opens at University of Manchester
- Astronomer proposes Hubble replacement
- Astronomers discover large exo-solar system
- Astronomers discover largest star on record
- Astronomers discover smallest known star
- Astronomers find changes in Saturn's rings
- Astronomers report dwarf star with unexpectedly giant planet
- Astronomers reveal discovery of the hottest gas giant exoplanet known yet
- Astronomers say asteroid could hit Mars
- Astronomers to vote on potential new planets
- Astronomers witness supernova
- ESA launches Herschel Space Observatory and Planck Satellite
- European telescope searches for planets
- Evidence of 'shattered moon' found inside rings of Saturn
- Exclusive: David Anderson talks about the Stardust@home project
- Extraordinary feature found on Saturn's moon Iapetus
- Extrasolar planet will most probably fall into its star
- NASA detects dry, dusty atmospheres on extrasolar planets
- NASA flyby of Saturn moon Titan produces first image of liquid on another world
- NASA launches two space probes to the moon
- NASA observes largest supernova on record
- NASA postpones Stardust mission briefing, no revised date as of yet
- NASA prepares to launch mission to nearby asteroids
- NASA says star system contains 'earth-like planet' in the making
- NASA successfully launches Kepler Telescope
- NASA's Spitzer space telescope views alien worlds
- National Academy of Sciences recommends manned Hubble repair
- Near-Earth asteroid 2004 MN4 reaches Torino Scale hazard rating 4
- New comet to be visible to naked eye for several days
- New Horizons probe bound for Pluto on nine year journey
- New planet found in 'Habitable Zone'
- New ring discovered around Saturn, could explain dark side of its moon
- New rocky planet discovered in orbit around nearby star
- New stars found in Southern Cross
- Newly discovered extra-solar planet may be Earth-like
- Nicolaus Copernicus buried again
- Northern lights may appear across Canada and northern U.S. late Tuesday night
- Saturn's moon Titan hosts liquid lakes and rivers
- Saturn's rings are much older than previously thought
- Scientists conclude that the universe may expand forever
- Scientists discover Earth-like planet
- Scientists say the moon is slowly shrinking
- Searching for asteroids, extraterrestrial life a little more rocky: Budget cuts threaten to close Arecibo, world's largest radio telescope
- Star ousted from galaxy by black hole
- Stephen Hawking: aliens "almost certain to exist," could invade Earth
- Study says young stars 'shoot water bullets'
- Sun's mood swings not so strange after all, say scientists
- Swedish academy announces 2019 Nobel Prize winners in physics