American who owns BenedictXVI.com wants "one of those hats"
Saturday, April 23, 2005
Rogers Cadenhead, the American owner of BenedictXVI.com, has made a few requests in his blog. Mr. Cadenhead registered the valuable domain on April 1 along with ClementXV.com, InnocentXIV.com, LeoXIV.com, PaulVII.com and PiusXIII.com; all in anticipation of the recent Papal conclave 2005.
After Cardinal Ratzinger's election as Pope Benedict XVI, international media swooped on the domain speculating that it may be owned by a pornographer or casino company. However amid the wild speculation, Mr. Cadenhead dismissed these and promised not to sell the domain to any such enterprises.
However today in a humorous manner the prolific computer guide writer posted on his blog a few requests, namely:
- Three days, two nights at the Vatican hotel they built for the conclave
- One of those hats
- Complete absolution, no questions asked, for the third week of March 1987
- A back-cover blurb from the Pope for the next edition of Movable Type 3 Bible Desktop Edition. But only if he uses the book to create his own weblog, and
- World peace.
However he was keen to stress that the requests are not demands and the whole thing was written in a witty humorous manner.
- Rogers Cadenhead. "Habemus Domini!" — , April 23, 2005
- "'Domain hoarder' registers pope address" — , April 22, 2005
- David McGuire. "BenedictXVI.com won't get you pope" — , April 22, 2005
- "BenedictXVI.com owner vows no porn or gambling" — , April 20, 2005