American presumed dead for 30 years found healthy
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Sixty-three-year-old funeral director Darrell Johnson told the Fort Collins Coloradoan on Friday that he didn't know he was on the victim list until Anderson told him last year. He was one of the six reported missing and the 144 killed, which has now been amended to 143.
Johnson and his family were living in a Sleepy Hollow resort cabin in Estes Park, but decided to leave after staying for one night. A few hours later, the whole resort was washed away.
- Associated Press. "Man presumed dead in 1976 Colorado flood found alive and well" — , August 3, 2008
- "Man Listed As Flood Victim Found Alive In Okla." — , August 4, 2008
- Deb Stanley. "Flood 'Victim' Found Alive 32 Years Later" — , August 2, 2008