American actor Charlie Sheen arrested
Saturday, December 26, 2009
American actor Charlie Sheen was arrested Friday on domestic-violence related assault charges. The 44-year-old was charged with assault, menacing and criminal mischief. He was released on US$8,500 bond from an Aspen, Colorado jail. Aspen police spokeswoman Stephanie Dasaro did not identify the victim in press briefings, citing police policy.
Sheen's publicist Stan Rosenfield said not to jump to conclusions, "It would benefit everyone not to jump to any conclusion." Sheen is married to real-estate investor Brooke Mueller Sheen, with whom he had twins in March.
Sheen has had incidents in the past, such as in 1990 when he accidentally shot his then-fiancee, Kelly Preston, in the arm. He also had a drug violation in 1998, when he injected himself with cocaine and overdosed.
Sheen, born Carlos Irwin Estévez, is the son of actor Martin Sheen began his professional career in The Execution of Private Slovik. However his first starring role was the the 1986 movie Platoon, and he co-starred with Michael Douglas in the Oliver Stone film Wall Street. His filmography also includes Young Guns, Major League, The Rookie and a leading role on the television show Two and a Half Men.
- "Actor Charlie Sheen Arrested in Colorado" — , December 26, 2009
- "Charlie Sheen released after domestic violence arrest" — , December 26, 2009
- "Charlie Sheen arrested in domestic dispute, police say" — , December 25, 2009
- Judy Faber. "Charlie Sheen" — , August 24, 2006
- "Charlie Sheen in hospital for drug, alcohol problems" — , May 22, 1998