2007 Rugby World Cup: Argentina 33 - 3 Georgia
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
|September 11, 2007|
|Argentina||33 – 3||Georgia||Stade de Gerland, Lyon|
Referee: Nigel Owens
|Try: L Borges (2) 47', 56'
P Albacete 72'
F Martin Aramburu 80'
Conv: F Contepomi 48'
J M Hernández 80'
Pen: F Contepomi (3) 12', 35', 54'
|Pen: M Kvirikashvili 2'|
Merab Kvirikashvili opened the scoring for Georgia early on with a penalty in the second minute. Argentina struggled to break through the Georgian defence, with Felipe Contepomi scoring just two penalties in the first half taking Argentina to a 6-3 lead at half time.
Argentina took control of the match in the second half, with Lucas Borges scoring two tries and Patricio Albacete adding a try in the 72nd minute. Federico Martin Aramburu scored the final try with less than a minute left to play, earning Argentina a bonus point for scoring four tries in the match.
With nine points from two games, Argentina lead Pool D ahead of second placed Ireland, with five points from one game. France are third in the pool with just one point, after defeat to Argentina in the opening match of the tournament.
- "2007 Rugby World Cup: South Africa, Wales, Scotland and Ireland win" — Wikinews, September 9, 2007
- "2007 Rugby World Cup: New Zealand, Australia and England open with wins" — Wikinews, September 8, 2007
- "2007 Rugby World Cup: Argentina shock France in tournament opener" — Wikinews, September 7, 2007
- "Argentina notch 33-3 win over tough Georgia" — , September 11, 2007
- "Argentina 33-3 Georgia" — , September 11, 2007