Wikinews:Modelling Wikinews' growth
| This page is no longer current and/or valid. It is kept for historical record or interest. Do not assume content on this page is still technically correct.
If the information contained on this page becomes timely again, please remove this tag.
Article Count edit
I was doing a little work in Excel one night for the Wikinews Awareness stats dealing with our growth rate and an interesting trend emerges if we continue to grow at our current rate (Note this is a bit old. Months refer to 2005):
- March - 354 articles - 44.5% growth
- April - 512 articles - 44.5% growth
- May - 739 articles - 44.5% growth
- June - 1068 articles - 44.5% growth
- July - 1543 articles - 44.5% growth
- August - 2230 articles - 44.5% growth
- September - 3222 articles - 44.5% growth
- November - 4657 articles - 44.5% growth
- December - 6730 articles - 44.5% growth
Great isn't it! Hard to imagine though, so heres perhaps a more realistic forecast using decreasing % rates.
- March - 354 articles - 44.49% growth
- April - 499 articles - 41% growth
- May - 684 articles - 37% growth
- June - 862 articles - 26% growth
- July - 1009 articles - 17% growth
- August - 1149 articles - 14% growth
- September - 1299 articles - 13% growth
- November - 1454 articles - 12% growth
- December - 1585 articles - 9% growth
Still not bad either - thats 51 articles a day by December.