Wikinews:Arbitration Committee/Elections July 2007/Cspurrier Questions
This is the page dedicated for allowing anyone to ask Cspurrier questions regarding his candidacy for the July 2007 Arbitration Committee elections.
- = --Cspurrier 02:39, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
- I think it is unnecessary. Sure arbcom is rarely needed, but it does not hurt anything having it “active”. --Cspurrier 00:48, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
- Do you consider yourself active enough as a contributor to run for this position? --Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 22:44, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, I am most definitely not nearly as active as I once was, but I still skim RC daily and read the WC as well as doing the print edition nearly daily. I believe I am active enough for the demands of arbcom. --Cspurrier 23:55, 17 July 2007 (UTC)
- What is the status on getting thenewswiki.com on Google News?--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 00:02, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
Thank you for your note. We reviewed http://www.thenewswiki.com and are unable to include it in Google News at this time. We currently only include articles from sources that could be considered organizations, generally characterized by multiple writers and editors, availability of organizational information, and accessible contact information. When we reviewed your site we weren't able to find this evidence of an organization. Additionally, please note that we don't include sites that are purely news aggregators, and we weren't able to find any stories on your site that weren't from outside sources.
We appreciate your taking the time to contact us and will log your site for consideration should our requirements change.
Thank you for your interest in Google News.
Regards,The Google Team
I was going to try to fix the remaining tods/bugs and then try to convince someone from the foundation to get involved. I am sure I can find someone with Google connections at Wikimania :). --Cspurrier 20:47, 23 July 2007 (UTC)