User:Mrmiscellanious/Admin Code of Conduct
This is a proposal that will be brought before the community in the future. Input is greatly appreciated via the talk page.
Please note that "should not" refers to any time where these items can be avoided. In cases where they cannot, such as in cases needing extreme attention, it is advised that admins take the most minor necessary actions against an event or users until another admin can review them.
Administrators should not perform any of the following actions by themselves:
- Delete any pages in which they are editorially involved, except in cases of vandalism.
- Protect any pages in which they are editorially involved, except in cases of vandalism and archival purposes.
- Block or ban any users with whom they are in a dispute.
- Provoke or intimidate contributors, for any reason.
- Unblock a user unless the block placed was not meant for that user (eg. a block placed on a legitimate account, destined for an impersonation account). A reasonable argument would need to be made for the use of this exception.
- Block other administrators for imposing a "bad block" or other "bad action" on the wiki. Instead, these should be discussed on WN:ALERT for the appropriate action.
- Use any administrator privileges during a period of being blocked. Users must first be warned on their talk page acknowledging them of their block.
Administrators should perform any of the following actions by themselves at any time
- Enjoy editing Wikinews, and have plenty of WN:TEA
- Be respectful of all users regardless of their history, or other factors