Two Palestinians die, at least seven others are wounded as Israeli attacks continue
Monday, November 20, 2006
The attack also injured approximately eight people, including an elderly passerby. Hospital sources say the septuagenarian later succumbed to his wounds. The other victim was a street vendor. Seven other people, including two Hamas militants and two children were also wounded in the attack.
Witnesses say the strike occurred near a mosque in the city's Zeitoun neighborhood as the prayer concluded and worshipers came out. A spokesman for the Israeli military confirmed the attack, but did not provide any further details.
An Israeli Defence spokesman confirmed that Amir Peretz had called President Mahmoud Abbas, asking the latter to stop fighters from launching rockets into Israel. "During a telephone conversation, Mr Peretz asked Mr Abbas to exercise his authority to put a stop to the rocket fire," the spokesman said.
In Gaza City a spokesman for the ruling party, Hamas said that Israel would not be able to stop Palestinian fighters from firing rockets into its territory.
An Israeli woman was killed when a Qassam rocket hit the town of Sderoth on the 15 of this month. Over 400 Palestinians, including many civilians have been killed by attacks, which Israel says are aimed at halting the rocket fire which has terrorized Southern Israel since Israel disengaged from the Gaza strip. The rockets have wounded or killed hundreds.
- "UN calls on Israel and Palestine to stop their aggression" — Wikinews, 20 November, 2006
- ""Civil defence" thwarts Israeli air strike on Gaza refugee camp" — Wikinews, November 19, 2006
- "Islamic Jihad considers halting rocket-fire into Israel" — Wikinews, November 18, 2006
- "Israeli Woman killed by Qassam rocket" — Wikinews, November 15, 2006
- "Israeli soldiers suspected of executing unarmed, injured men in Gaza" — Wikinews, November 14, 2006
- "Palestinian Foreign Minister: No peace with Israel" — Wikinews, November 12, 2006
- "Palestinian teenager killed in Israeli airstrike" — Wikinews, November 6, 2006
- "Israeli attacks in Gaza kill 17" — Wikinews, November 4, 2006
- "Israeli aircraft strikes Gaza" — , November 20, 2006
- Robert Berger. "Israeli Airstrike Wounds 9 in Gaza" — , November 19, 2006
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|