|Please note that this page is no longer being updated. For updates visit http://www.tsunamihelp.info.|
This Wikinews Indian Ocean Disaster Relief Portal lists humanitarian aid resources to help victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami. It is maintained by Wikinews contributors, including the creators of the SEA EAT Tsunami Help Blog (link below).
To the right is a directory of statistics, resources and contacts regarding relief efforts resulting from the crisis. Because of the changing nature of this current event and the fact that most of the information appearing on these pages changes were compiled from blogs and personal information-gathering, the facts presented varies frequently, and the authenticity of the information may not be verified.
Note: Please be aware that this page is part of the larger website Wikinews. Due to the nature of wiki technology and that anybody may edit the information on any of these pages, the information here comes without any kind of warranty, explicit or implied. Information provided here is often not verified by others, and scams involving donations are a problem in general. Please use the information carefully and at your own risk.
- Sri Lanka: Detailed Maps of Affected Areas Maps of regions affected by the South-East Asia Earthquake and Tsunami.
- Be a part of a small good thing in a large tragedy Information regarding Worldchanging and Architecture for Humanity's relief fund.
- The National Next Of Kin Registry Ways to find vital information about family members affected by the South-East Asia Earthquake and Tsunami.
- Massive Photo and Tsunami News archive updated 24/7
- January 8 - 2005/01/08 Tsunami aid donations in 2005 deductible for 2004 in the U.S.
- January 5 - Nias Yet to Receive Aid 10 Days After Quake
- January 3 - UN 'optimistic' on tsunami aid effort
- January 2 - Radical Group declares Tsunami punishment from God
- January 1 - Aid pledges rise; Japan promises 500,000,000 USD Nearly 2 billion USD promised, U.N. warns of logistic bottlenecks.
- January 1 - Americans contribute to relief effort Bush administration criticized for 'miserly' pledges, but ordinary Americans show true generosity.
- January 1 - Tsunami deaths mount to more than 120,000
- December 29 - Tsunami toll passes 80,000 people as relief effort continues
- December 27 - Asian earthquake toll nears 60,000
- NOAA – NOAA and the Indian Ocean Tsunami
- USGS – Magnitude 9.0 – off the west coast of northern Sumatra
- Tsunami Laboratory, Novosibirsk – travel-time map of tsunami waves
- Pacific Geoscience Center - Canada: Questions and Answers on megathrust earthquakes:
|Pages related to the tsunami relief effort|
Tsunami Help Project
Support & Relief:
- Times Syndication Service. "Tsunami aid tops $1.2 bn: UN" — , January 01, 2005
- Leo Morris. "Who has ‘the news’? Welcome to a brave new world in which the First Amendment will mean even more." — , December 30, 2004
- Lisa Priest. "'Blogs' provide first-person, on-the-scene accounts of tsunami chaos" — , December 29, 2004