This is a photograph of a Indian politician or other public official that is owned by the Indian government, and is under Indian copyright. It is believed that the image linked here is claimed to be used under fair use as:
- to illustrate the person in question,
- it is a historically significant photo of a famous individual,
- in the absence of a free alternative,
- the image is low resolution and of no larger and of no higher quality than is necessary for the illustration of an article, and the use of the image on Wikinews is not expected to decrease the value of the copyright,
- its inclusion in the article adds significantly to the articles,
on the English-language Wikinews, hosted on servers in the United States by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation,
under United States copyright law. Other use of this image, on Wikinews or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. See Wikinews:Fair use.
As well, permission may have been granted to reproduce this image for noncommercial-only purposes, but this image does not fall under a free license. Commercial third-party reusers of this image should also consider whether their use is in violation of the subject's publicity rights.
If this does not accurately describe this image, please remove this tag and provide a different fair use rationale.