Talk:Landless Workers Movement marches to Brasilia in protest
How does Bush fit into the MST's problems? What are they talking about with "American culture" etc; how is that affecting their lives? Paulrevere2005 09:51, 19 May 2005 (UTC)
- Carlosar 13:52, 19 May 2005 (UTC) -- The MST should answer this question. I think that a lot of MST members don't know what they are doing; they are just used as an political instrument by their leaders and by the Foro de São Paulo (who have admiration for Castro and Chávez). The MST leaders use a true social agenda as a pretext to fulfil their political goals.
- the MST blame the USA for the social and develoment problems in Brazil and Latin America.
- oposition to Capitalism
- fun comments for my POV, you'ld try to live outside USA, you'll understand "What are they talking about with American culture"... "American culture" is affecting many countries for the better - of course - but also the worst too. There's countless cultural foundations funded by USA (public and private money) for the better - of course - but also the worst too. (Poland is a well known example) :) Jacques Divol 14:34, 19 May 2005 (UTC)
- here a communiqué about de Lima murdering in 2000 : Killed: Sandoval Alves de Lima amnesty comuniqué
- I already live out of the USA and I have my opinion about the "American culture". However I ask again: How does Bush fit into the MST's problems? The answer is: it is not(Agrarian Reformation is a Brazilian problem, not an American one). However Bush is a problem for Castro, Chávez and the people who support them.
This is a good article about antiamericanism in Brazil. 
More information about MSTEdit
- MST webpage (Portuguese)
- Friends of MST in United States
- PRESS RELEASE: FMST Mobilizes Across the US
There is an American professor from the American University in Washington DC called Miguel Carter who is friend of the MST. There is a American network, inside the USA, which supports the MST. , 
I don't know if it is a good idea, I dont have too much time now, but someone could update the MST article in Wikipedia. There is a lot of information and great pictures in Commons.