Talk:Islamic web forum releases videotape of Ayman al-Zawahiri
Doldrums removewd this: "and its unclear as to why Al-Jazeera, an Arabic News Network, did not release the tape as it has in the past." I do not understand how this is POV since it is true. read the paragraph below it. Just wondering, becasue this is not pov as you state, but a fact. Jason Safoutin 10:43, 13 April 2006 (UTC)
- quick look at al-jaeera (english) website showed it has not reported this story yet. so we don't know whether or not they'll transmit the video. in the meantime, it's not for us to speculate on al-jazeera's motives, especially w/o giving the channle a chance to explain. if the channel makes a statement explaining its actions, or others ascribe reasons for it, we may report it (keeping npov in mind). o/w, something "not being clear" is not an event or a fact to be reported. Doldrums 11:02, 13 April 2006 (UTC)
- I also wonder little about "It is unclear why the tape was not released when it was made." as it appears to be the authors speculative question. Does it ad rythm or someting to the article? international 11:09, 13 April 2006 (UTC)
It's not the author's speculation, it's just an observation that tape was not released as others have in the past. It may lead the reader to speculate, as any lack of information would. The point-of-view claim is not valid, but the assertion that Al-Jazeera may later release it seems like a valid reason. In fact, reporting that Al-Jazeera may later release the tape is speculation, where noting a trend is not. Karen 13:28, 13 April 2006 (UTC)
Meanwhile, I'll fix those typos and spelling mistakes. If someone finds the real reason for removing the line, I'll not return it to the story later in the day. Karen 13:32, 13 April 2006 (UTC)
00:26, 14 April 2006 (UTC) Done. Now here's the edit to the parts being disputed, followed by my reasons:
- "It is unclear why the tape was not released when it was made… (Doldrums removed the next part:) "and its unclear as to why Al-Jazeera, an Arabic News Network, did not release the tape as it has in the past."
- "The video was not released immediately after the date it was allegedly filmed, nor has Al-Jazeera yet broadcasted the video by al-Zawahri dispite having broadcast his three previous tapes."
Because Doldrums said, "something "not being clear" is not an event or a fact to be reported.", we will state what we know, allowing the reader to decide what is a non-event. We are not speculating, just reporting what is known at this time. If other reasons surface why we should not state this fact as phrased above, please make the edit. Karen 00:26, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
- http://www.wincoast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30435 (not the original site)
Is this the same forum that has released many other videos? Why haven't we ever been given the link to the actual forum? 126.96.36.199 21:17, 13 April 2006 (UTC)
I suppose because the forum is for Islamic militants to issue public statements and videos, we're not invited. I'm fairly certain that none of it is written in English, though. Karen 00:41, 14 April 2006 (UTC)