Talk:Execution of two gay teens in Iran spurs controversy
--22.214.171.124 17:37, 25 July 2005 (UTC)See the Washington Times source article. It appears from the source article that the two were hanged for rape of a 13-year-old boy. Granted, this might have just been a stated reason, but the story currently does not present all the facts as reported by other media. -- IlyaHaykinson 02:12, July 23, 2005 (UTC)
Changed title of story to more accurately reflect content. --Wolfrider 03:25, 23 July 2005 (UTC)
- I have changed it again, note the Arabic original story says nothing or rape. The latter reports by the Iranian government of the so-called rape came after international furor. Lalala 03:34, 23 July 2005 (UTC)
- I should have read more closely. Thanks. --Wolfrider 03:35, 23 July 2005 (UTC)
It seems the conviction was for homosexual acts, not rape, so the rape thing really was put out there after the fact.
- But is it true about the rape? That's what we need to find out. --Mrmiscellanious 13:59, 23 July 2005 (UTC)
that includes the allegedly right wing bias Fox News Channel and The Times
- Can someone please reformat that statement? --Mrmiscellanious 14:27, 23 July 2005 (UTC)
Took out hanging picture?Edit
The picture of the boy being hanged was better than the map of Iran. It is a picture from the story as opposed to a map that I can find anywhere.
- It was deleted because it was a copyvio, we can not use photos from other news organizations . --Cspurrier 14:28, 23 July 2005 (UTC)