Germany wins 2009 Race of Champions in Beijing, Sebastian Vettel wins 2009 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Seven-time Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher together with F1 racer Sebastian Vettel won the Nations Cup for Germany at the Race of Champions on Tuesday. The event was held at the Bird’s Nest stadium in Beijing, China.
Vettel's teammate and winner of the previous Grand Prix Mark Webber came second and the current season champion Jenson Button won the third place on the podium for Brawn GP after pushing Webber very hard on the dying laps of the race with a gap of about half a second at the finish line.
|There is only one step we can make for the team ranking, for the constructors, as well as for the drivers' championship, for myself. So there is no question about the target.|
Rubens Barrichello was able to mantain 4th place, having been overtaken only by his teammate Button.
Nick Heidfeld took fifth in BMW 's final race. Both Toyota cars of Kamui Kobayashi and Jarno Trulli also drove the full race to finish on the back of Heidfeld. Sébastien Buemi closed the top eight for Toro Rosso.
Thus, Sebastian Vettel took the second place in the championship from Barrichello at the finale of 2009 season. Vettel claimed he will aim to become a champion next year. "There is only one step we can make for the team ranking, for the constructors, as well as for the drivers' championship, for myself. So there is no question about the target," Vettel said after the race.
- "Toyota quits Formula One" — Wikinews, November 5, 2009
- "Mark Webber wins 2009 Brazilian Grand Prix, Jenson Button and Brawn win championship" — Wikinews, October 19, 2009
- "Vettel wins Abu Dhabi GP" — , November 6, 2009
- "Vettel and Schumacher beat Button to win ROC Nations Cup" — November 4, 2009
- Nick Mulvenney. "Title the only target now, says Vettel" — , November 3, 2009
- Justin Hynes. "Red Bull finish season in style as Vettel shows mettle" — , November 2, 2009
- "Vettel and Red Bull triumphant at Yas Marina" — , November 1, 2009
- Gemma Briggs. "Sebastian Vettel wins Abu Dhabi grand prix as Jenson Button takes third" — , November 1, 2009
- Byron Young. "Sebastian Vettel wins Abu Dhabi Grand Prix" — , November 1, 2009
- Chris Lines. "Sebastian Vettel wins Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Red Bull takes top 2 podium spots" — , November 1, 2009