Football: Bayern beats Borussia Dortmund 5-4 on penalties to win German Super Cup
Sunday, August 6, 2017
Yesterday, in the German final, defending champions Bayern Munich defeated cup winners Borussia Dortmund 5–4 in the penalty shootout to win the title at Dortmund's stadium , after the full time ended in a 2–2 draw.
Dortmund got an early lead in the game as their wingeropened the scoring in the 12th minute of the game. Pulisic got the ball from Bayern Munich defender and scored the first goal of the match. 18-year-old Pulisic became the youngest goalscorer in the competition history. Six minutes later, Bayern equalized as striker scored a close range tap-in from 's assist. The first half ended with 1–1 on the scoreboard. Dortmund's was the only player to be booked in the first half.
After the half time, Dortmund'swas substituted in for . Later, Bayern made two changes. In the 71st minute, Dortmund's striker scored the second goal for Borussia, chipping over Bayern's goalkeeper , restoring Dortmund's lead. With the 2–1 on the scoreboard, the match seemed to to end with Dortmund as the winner, but in the 88th minute, Dortmund's Łukasz Piszczek scored an own goal, as the final time finished with a 2–2 draw, and the game proceeded to penalty shootouts.
took the first kick for Bayern and converted it into goal. Joshua Kimmich's kick was saved by Dortmund's goalkeeper while Rode was denied by Sven Ulreich. The score reached a tie of 4–4. Ulreich stopped 's kick as Bayern won their sixth Supercup title.
Dortmund had 48% ball possession in the match, with 434 passes. Bayern had 52% ball possession, with five on target shoots of thirteen attempts. A total 30 fouls were committed in the match and six players were shown yellow cards.
Bayern's coach, tweeted, "Proud of your effort. Enjoy, Champions!!" ((de)) German language: Stolz auf unsere Arbeit und Bemühung. Genießt es Gewinner!!, congratulated the team and
Until yesterday, both Bayern and Borussia had five DFL-Supercup trophies. Bayern's forwards Robert Lewandoski and
(goalkeper), , , , , , , , , , ,
(goalkeeper), , , , , , , , , ,
|August 5, 2017|
|Borussia Dortmund||2–2 (FT)||FC Bayern Munich||Germany, , |
Referee: Felix Zwayer
| 12' 90'
53' 77' or 78'
90+3' 77' or 78'
|5–4 (penalties )|| 18' 69' |
84' or 85'
84' or 85'
- "DFB-Pokal Final: Bayern wins 4-3 in Der Klassiker final" — Wikinews, Monday, May 23, 2016
- "Supercup 2017: Borussia Dortmund 2-2 Bayern Munich (4-5 pens) - as it happened!" — , August 6, 2017
- Gianni Verschuren. "Bayern Munich Needs Penalties to Beat Borussia Dortmund in 2017 German Super Cup" — , August 6, 2017
- "Bayern Munich beat Dortmund on penalties to retain Supercup" — , August 6, 2017
- "Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munchen" — , August 5, 2017
- Carlo Ancelotti. "Carlo Ancelotti on Twitter" — , August 5, 2017
- Marc Bartra. "Marc bartra on Instagram" — , May 27, 2017