Comments:Russian polar submarine TV footage faked
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
Ruskies at it again I see. You can never trust the Russian govurnment.
- Go back and read the article again carefully, it isn't so much the Russian government - they effectively did a press release saying "this is what it'd look like". Reuters didn't check carefully enough and ended up running model footage under the heading that it was the real-deal. --Brian McNeil / talk 11:39, 13 August 2007 (UTC)
I have the IS edition featuring teh story about this incident. This proves the true nature of current russian journalism.
(--Self-cencored, possibly offencive remarks about russian journalism and politics--)
As I was saying, Russia's heading back towards the days of the USSR. First their national anthem, then the general attitude, then rising oppression, now state propaganda.
- What's wrong, actually, in using archive shots? They didn't claimed that they were shots from Arctic, it is how Reuters represented them.
The video was fake, but the expedition and diving was actual. The Titanic fragments were shown simply because TV channel had no videos from icebreacker.
Inaccuracies in this storyEdit
I can find no information supporting the fact that the Finnish 13-year-old is a transsexual, that there is any footage of Debbie Does Dallas in the Russian broadcast, or that Karl Rove is in any way associated with this story. All of these are blatant fabrications.
- Well they have been reverted. If you find an article has been vandalised like this you are welcome to revert it yourself. It is easier than complaining.Billlion