Comments:Obama supports Middle East protesters in speech
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|WHAT A JOKER!!||6||00:38, 11 October 2011|
|Comments from feedback form - "I support Obama,as well as sup..."||2||13:06, 31 May 2011|
|Comments from feedback form - "It's about time... for months ..."||1||21:48, 20 May 2011|
So we shouldn't try to make things better because we've made mistakes in the past? Iraq was and continues to be a fiasco, but the bravery of those protesters should not be met with silence or impotent words.
But but but but but but but but, America is still the country of the home and the free, right ? Bush and Obama can't be all that wrong, can they ?
Are you just trolling? Men and women are fallible, but these protesters are facing tanks and snipers. They deserve our support. Fear of hypocrisy is never sufficient cause to stop someone from trying to make the right choice.
If only perfect people were allowed to criticism or show support, we might as well give up on the idea of talking about things altogether, and go back to being monkeys on the savannah.
I guess you wouldn't tell your daughter not to stick a knife into an electrical socket because, hey, you used to think it was awesome to try and electrocute your little brother when you were six, and you still like to use a joy buzzer on that jerk at work every now and then. So you've got no place getting your kid away from that socket. Amiright?
I am not sure I can say I support either side in middle east protests. In most cases they revolt and only appoint the same thing they got rid of. Kind of like what we, the us, do with presidents now.
Obama said he would react to the uprising in the region "in a way that advances our values and strengthens our security."
That sounds bloody hostile if you ask me. The majority of Middle Easterners have made it very clear that they fear the U.S., and would like to see the aggressive foreign occupation completely disappear from the region. This includes Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, and so on and so forth. What business is it of the U.S. to police the goddamn world? They routinely violate UN mandates, veto resolutions, block democracy and human development at every turn, and enthusiastically throw all their weight behind right-wing fascist dictators who pander to the empire's wants and needs. Democracy be damned. The U.S. has more military power then every other country combined, spends more then every other country combined, has a military budget larger then the entire budget of Australia, has more military bases around the world then any other state, and is the only country on record to be condemned by the World Court for "unlawful use of violence". Anyone who thinks that Obama is even remotely on the "left" or a "liberal" in any way, shape or form really needs to do their research or get their head examined. In many respects he is far worse then Bush II and Cheney ever were, but he formulates his policies in euphonic, soothing prose which lulls his audience into a calm serotonin bliss and numbs their critical faculties, allowing any-and-all data to evade even the most well-refined bullshit detectors. He, Bush and Cheney deserve to be tried in the International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity in my honest-to-God opinion. Obama deserves a special dose of contempt for his arrogant and indifferent use of drones in Pakistan, which only have a success rate of 2% (the other 98% being innocent civilian casualties). In reality, Obama is markedly ambivalent about democracy, and will only accept its continuation if the elected representatives serve the interests of the wealthy oligarchs represented by Obama and Co. Obama has blackened the word "change" the way Reagan blackened the term "welfare". The U.S. needs a second political group that has the financial means, professionalism and capacity to stand up and challenge the obsequious Business Party (comprised of the Democrat and Republican caucuses) for presidency next election. Where are the Cynthia McKinneys, the Dennis Kuciniches, the Feingolds, the Bernie Sanders' and the Ralph Naders? These are the politicians of the USA willing to speak out against bloated corporate welfare, short-sighted destructive economic policies and the rampant corruption, arrogance and jingoism in the U.S. Senate and house of Representatives. Naturally, Big Business is repulsed by their democratic populist attitudes, so they get little funding and hence get little votes come Election Day (which really snaps into reality the business-run nature of American society).
It's about time... for months he has neglected to fully support the protesters!