Comments:Obama apologizes for Special Olympics comment on The Tonight Show
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
I find it hilarious that I just now hear about this. If Bush had said the same thing..it would have been all around the planet and everyone would be talking about it and insulting Bush for being an insensitive jerk.
If bush had said this...Edit
People would naturally assume that he is recounting his experience as a competitor in the Special Olympics. Crisis averted. -184.108.40.206 09:02, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
it was just a joke, get oevr it people!!! he has been working non stop his inaugration to help out America from the recession, and for one night he could finally just relax and joke around with Jay Leno. Please people if he can get the world out this recession then we should all bowing down to him!!!! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 13:07, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
- And he's doing a great job! *sarcasm.--18.104.22.168 11:25, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
Arguing on the Internet, or getting upset over a silly comment, is like playing in the Special Olympics... er. -Victor Sheckels —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
He's a good man.Edit
I have a lot of respect for President Obama. He makes mistakes, just like every single other human on this planet, and he admits to them. He's a good guy. I wish I had a leader like him in my country... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:43, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
- Good people don't make fun of the handicap , Or release terrorist that killed 17 Americans sailors, OR accused our troops of "air raiding and killing innocent people". Yeah I have a lot of respect for that man too.--188.8.131.52 11:25, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
This is a game, from my understanding, making comments over a game is part of the game ang should not be taken so personal, If you become an analyst of every word by the president then you might as well analyse your own word too. The president was not attending any english lecture or scrutinizing the game. For the fact that he is a president does not imply that he is now a perfectionist or he should not comment over things of this nature. To me, game is fun and in fun statements are not to be taken sentimentally. Thank God he has apoligized. If he had not made any comment, the same people would have complained. Let us be careful not to become too sadistic in the president's comments. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 19:57, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
This is a game, from my understanding, making comments over a game is part of the game and should not be taken so personal, If you become an analyst of every word by the president then you might as well analyse your own word too. The president was not attending any english lecture or scrutinizing the game. For the fact that he is a president does not imply that he is now a perfectionist or he should not comment over things of this nature. To me, game is fun and in fun statements are not to be taken sentimentally. Thank God he has apoligized. If he had not made any comment, the same people would have complained. Let us be careful not to become too sadistic in the president's comments.
Actually bush called a guy "a major league asshole" on camera and mic during his campaign, and flipped off a camera in the oval office. So whatever for your double standard. If this is the worst thing Barack says I'll be happy still.
At least Obama admits his mistakes and apologizes to those he hurt. Bush didn't do that for any of his mistakes and lack of judgment. Nobody's perfect. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
- So your comparing the liberation of group of people and them choosing to keep democracy to a Elitist A-Hole that even speaks down too people with special needs? Your right Obama is far from perfect, glad he's not my messiah.--18.104.22.168 11:21, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
- That's your personal view of the situation, which is at best only a possible outcome that hasn't actually happened. If it makes you feel better watching the coffins coming home and the young men full of life coming back cold or shattered, stop. Live with the consequences of the policy you so adamantly support.
- For some perspective: If misspeaking for a moment is somehow an impeachable offense, then we've got to wait until Obama has equaled Bush's misunderestimations of nukulear weapons to be fair, or you'd have a lot of things to explain. Note that the apology to the most appropriate official was made before the program even aired. Other presidents in the past have simply forced the station to censor and remove that kind of small mistake instead. 22.214.171.124 14:00, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
I think will be a proper apologize gesture if Mr President Obama will play or will supervise such a Special Olympics games. It`s just an idea. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 11:42, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
Well Mr. Obama is one of the most admirable personalities in the world today and to err is human. So rather than sticking on to this piece of news and blowing it out of proportions, we should look at his achievements. I being an Indian, really wish to have a President as charismatic as Prez Obama.
Pfffff! That's retarded. -A. Person
wow, i never noticed that
Comments from feedback form - "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..."Edit