Comments:New Jersey to legalize medical marijuana
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
How about people confront the fact that Cannabis is much LESS adictive and dangerous then say....alcohol. They did a study on the effect on health and the addictiveness of certain substances, including alcohol and coffee. Cocaine and heroine are the most dangerous. Alcohol is somewhere in the middle. Cannabis is one of the least dangerous. And least addictive. Hypocrits. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 15:30, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
They dont want to " show a bad example". From tests done, Marikuana has an actual, legitamate, Medical useage. And, Tobbaco, while not being as addictive, as say......Crack, Is harder to break than any of them. 77, If this is yer first exeperience with government Hypocrisy, then you have got a lot more coming your way 18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:44, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
Alcohol and tobacco are both far worse substances than marijuana (unless you're talking about that spiked shit), but it's not about health when it comes to those two. When it comes to tobacco, it's all about money and lobbyists, and when it comes to alcohol, it boils down to tradition. People are so used to getting pissed drunk (nobody can remember when humanity started drinking, which is like a macrocosm for many an unfortunate late night) that to ban it would cause a huge spike in crime and riots and stuff like that. To get rid of alcohol you'd need to start grassroots campaigns and get people to stop WANTING the shit. Alcohol is the most successful drug ever, in human history, and it would also be the hardest to get rid of. Compare to cannabis, which is relatively new, not all that widespread or even accepted, and generally less deeply ingrained in the human imagination.
- Hah! Another one in utter ignorance of cannabis' medical properties. Plus, there is no actual need to smoke it to ingest it. I suggest you do some research before spouting off from a poorly-informed position. --Brian McNeil / talk 16:48, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- I have no doubt that there are certain medical reasons as to why cannabis can have positive health benefits in certain cases - in the same way as otherwise lethal radiation can bring benefits to cancer patients. My comments were clearly regarding the health of people in general. I suggest that, before spouting about your position on people's opinions, you learn to read. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:11, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
it just relaxs people y not?Edit
not much 2 say other than make it legal lots of people will say the same cause they feel the same way but to scared to say so