Comments:Criss Angel challenges Uri Geller and Jim Callahan over paranormal claims
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
I never believed Uri Geller was a psychic. Prior to reading this article, I had never even heard of Callahan. What I would like to see is for one the psychics from CourtTV's "Psychic Detectives" to take up Criss' challenge. Seeing as these are people that have solved crime cases due to their abilities, I'm very curious to see how Criss would react when they take up the challenge and win. Raphael s 13:43, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
- James Randi offers one million dollars for anyone to demonstrate paranormal abilities. Remember "Psychic Detectives" is a TV show and people like Noreen Renier appear on that. Renier recently made news for her lawsuit with a skeptic. She was given a choice to either pay the nearly $50,000 she was ordered to pay the skeptic or take James Randi's test. Renier declined to take the test. Maybe Renier doesn't have faith in her "abilities." Reetweert 01:54, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
Was it Fraud by Criss Angel & NBC? Edit
I accepted Angels challange and as of yet no proof he had a million to put up.
NBC told me they could not confirm it or eliminate the chance of his cheating on the challange.\
- If Gellar was speaking truthfully about his paranormal power (which I do not believe) then he should have aquried one million dollars that day. Criss was right for challenging him that day and before he even did so, i thought the performance was horrible and under thought —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 08:44, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
- Jim, you wanted proof from a multi-millionaire/TV star, who just signed a $200 million- contract with the Luxor Hotel, for proof of $1 million? Boy, you really aren't psychic. A real psychic would know he easily has a million dollars. A semi-smart person would have opened a newspaper and discovered that too. C56C 18:49, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
- If you do have paranormal abilities, the wise thing would be to prove it and shut the skeptics up. But alas, without that ability the only thing you have to complain about is a conspiracy about the money. That is very telling. You are not interested in the truth(ie proving something), but rather the money. C56C 18:49, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
Rock on Criss!! Edit
Callahan's a freakin JERK!!!!!!!!! TEAM ANGEL! TEAM ANGEL! TEAM ANGEL!!!!!!!
magic is fun, not a science. Edit
Please stop thinking that magicians can really fly or get a rabbit out of an 'empty hat. Its just tricks but the fun is in us not understanding how its done. BTW, I didn't know Wiki news allows comments?? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 05:03, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
I'm always backing Angel, or Randi!! Anyone who, being in the position to do so, "slams" the pseudo-scientific frauds is my hero. I wish they'd go after John Edwards continuously and relentlessly!!!!_126.96.36.199 15:43, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
Chris Angel punking pschyc Frauds... Edit
Comments from feedback form - "Awesome!!!!!!!!" Edit
Comments from feedback form - "Angel is 0 what else is on the..." Edit
Comments from feedback form - "helow criss angel ilove yow" Edit
Comments from feedback form - "Very good, perhaps more about ..." Edit
Paranormal is not a phoneomen or phenomen is not a paranormal?If paranormal has no scientific explantion and if we can not explain some of the tricks and stuff we see on tv in guys like chriss angel then we can truely say with our hands on our hearts that he is a paranormal phenomen.Who would not say that levitation is beyond normal and needs abilities and techniques that we do not all know?Go and get yourself and buy a moksha from the corner of the street practice some zen in the middle of the road inspire some new breathing techniques and there you can do it:ha.But the idea that all this is a illusion and a freak show makes me really believe that is not real and then that is amasing real.Did he played it or was it true,should i think in my mind at the women with two babies?hey chriss do you want solomon to establish if you are a true phenomen or to you want to cut your milion in two :ha
If it's so easy, why isn't everyone doing it.