Comments:As many as 100 civilians die in Afghan raid
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
Whats really sad is that the U.S. government will try to cover it up. The news will not be released on any main stream media like CNN, for they would hate to show that the U.S. government kills people. No, they will wait for the news to slowly tikle out and maybe do an article in a week or two.
- False, Captain Anonymous. It has been released. But what you fail to understand is that Americans won't care. We just won't. You can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs. That's an old saying that applies to wars too. Anyway, if the Taliban hadn't attacked us, these civilians would still be alive, so hey, their fault. 126.96.36.199 04:47, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- I saw a criminal near your house so I'm going to shoot at it and kill your family just to make sure he didn't get away. Great logic. --188.8.131.52 09:05, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Well, at least now you know how Soviets felt in Afghanistan, too. Speaking of "civilians" - yeah, they're all civilians, until you ask them for water to drink, and they give you poisoned water. Or you turn away from a kid, and he throws a grenade at you. Betcha those "women and children" were wives and kids of those Taliban mujahideen, too? And who's to blame if they hide behind their own dear ones in hope that Americans won't shoot at them then, for humanitarian reasons? 184.108.40.206 05:05, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Oh yes being the relative of a criminal carries the death penalty now. --220.127.116.11 09:05, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
The US still has no care for the lives of people in 3rd world countries. Some things never change. --18.104.22.168 09:05, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- The Nazi's said that they weren't responsible for the deaths of citizens because the Partisan "terrorists" used "human shields"...Soapy (talk) 02:50, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- Soapy you are the typical fool that believes Taliban propaganda and comparing Americans to Nazi (who went out of their way to kill innocent people) makes you double the fool.--KDP3 (talk) 18:37, 11 May 2009 (UTC)